Sunday, February 10, 2008

Those damn Swiss Francs

When I am tired I get very irrationally irritable. When my alarm went off at 5 am this morning I was very tired! Up until I got to go back to sleep on the plane I found the following sources of irritation:

- The taxi driver that was 2 min late
- The check-in man who made it seem like such a magnanimous gesture to let my 2 kg excess weight slide.
- The security guy who made me take off my boots
- The Swiss Franc for not printing the name of the cents/ore/pennies on the coins. How are you supposed to know what they’re called? (yes, I was angry with a currency – I told you it was irrational)
- The waiter at the cafĂ© – just because!
- The girl at the cash register who wouldn’t take my leftover Swiss coins and put in a charity box but instead suggested I buy a bar of chocolate.

For a while I was also very irritated with the arsenic-kid at the table next to mine, screaming her lungs out. I then realized that I completely sympathized with her and in fact what I would really want to do is to just scream!
I love this about kids. If they don’t get what they want, they just scream. Imagine walking into a restaurant only to be told that you have to have a reservation – start screaming your head off and I bet they’ll find you a table.

I slept on the plane so the rage has passed.

No comments: