Thursday, April 10, 2008

Old smelly socks

The reason you haven't heard from me since Saturday is that I have been working insane hours. What's new?, you are thinking. Nothing, I suppose....I just wasn't expecting it.

I'm suppose to be in between 6pm and 3 am...but my boss always schedules afternoon meeting so it ends up being 4 pm to 4 am instead.

During the wee hours of the morning (from about 1 am) I am completely alone in the office. I don't mind being alone. It allows me to work without interruption and no one notice when I talk to myself. However, nearing the end of the 2nd week of graveyard shifts, I am struggling to stay focused.

One good thing though. I joined a gym next to my work place and I make it a point to spend an hour there each night. It's a very posh gym - each cardio machine has a DVD player. Yesterday I watched a whole episode of Lost on the cross-trainer. Sawyer has a very positive effect on me.


The gym also provides exercise shorts, t-shirts and socks. I can't decide if I think this is practical or disgusting.

No comments: