Wednesday, January 30, 2008

When in Rome (I just had to!)

Been out power walking for 2 hours or so. I have made 2 observations:

1. Rome has the friendliest drivers in the world. Whenever you need to cross the road, just walk and they will stop for you. Being normally a very careful road-crosser I find myself walking along like any other Roman. I even crossed the road a couple times when I didn't need to - just for fun. (so you can now start betting on how long it will take until Marie gets run over)

2. Rome doesn't photograph well. You know how when you get to a famous landmark for the first time you are always a bit disappointed because it looked better in the photos. This is not the case for Rome. My powerwalk took me past Piazza di Bernini, to Fontana di Trevi and the Spanish Steps - there is just no comparison to photographs...amazing! I need to come back here!

Back in the hotel, had a quick bite, a shower and will now get on with some work, while listening to Black Car Race of course!

No comments: