Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Petersburg rocks

I've had a fantastic time in St Petersburg with my crazy sister.

Amazingly enough, not much have changed in the past 8 years. All my favourite cafes, restaurants and bars are still there - a lot more expensive, but still there. People still do not speak English, and they are still very rude in a most wonderful, charming, Russian manner. Everything is difficult. Everything takes time. I am still in love with this city!


One new thing...gas lines are now above ground! In a city full of drunk drivers...why not!?




Oh, and the ballet dancer is still dancing Swan Lake! I couldn't belive it. He must be over 30 by now (I think my age). Surely that is too old to still be dancing? I avoided running into him afterwards. Some things are just better left as a distant memory.

No comments: