The recipe for a good disaster movie is:
- One gung-ho fireman/field researcher/police officer.
- One misunderstood scientist, played by a former 90210 cast member.
These two will have a past and therefore not want to work together. Old sparks will ignite however; as we all know, saving the world makes people horny.
- The kid of one of the above – for someone to save.
- One politician to make an unpopular decision and one politician who will refuse to (the latter will not survive the disaster).
- One natural disaster with potential to wipe out THE WHOLE WORLD (which means the US).
In addition it must be at least 5 hours long.
One of my many dark secrets is that I love spending a whole day watching this rubbish! With a 4-day holiday coming up I will be watching the WORLD (US) almost being wiped out by an asteroid, a hurricane, an earthquake, a super storm, another earthquake and erratic plate movements.
In that order.