Monday, October 13, 2008

V's back!

I could not have wished for a better start to my week. I would like to announce the return of the tv-series that made me a complete sci-fi freak, and also scared the the living daylights out of me on countless occasions. V: The Second Generation, is under production!


With mind-blowing special effects (just look at the youtube clip) and a story-line that would make Tolstoy green with envy, V just rocked my 80s world.

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=VObQfWMgmIM

A bit of trivia for you: in the first series, the first language spoken by the Visitors is Swedish. Once the flying saucers have landed(?) an announcement is made through a speaker phone. I believe the first words spoken are "God Afton", which means Good Evening. I think the first meeting took place day-time, so that wouldn't make sense at all...but it's been over 20 years so perhaps I'm mistaken on this point. I'm certain that it was Swedish though!

No comments: