Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The nice hypocrite

I have been known to voice my opinion on what not to eat. I generally include shark fin soup, foie gras and whale.

However, it wasn't that long ago I happily gobbled down baby tuna sashimi. I frequently complain about not being able to buy wild salmon in the supermarket. I will not buy foie gras, but if someone else has already committed that sin, then if offered I will devour the dish with great pleasure.

So does this make me a hypocrite? Hell yeah…but I rather like the life philosophy that “wrongs aren't wrong if done by nice people like myself”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently you aren't alone in thinking that, since most horrors of human history have been preceeded by people proclaiming the righteousness of what they are doing.

But since we are on the subject of fine foods, Ill let it slide.

On a more serious note, I enjoy your style and writing. Cheers!

Marie said...

Yeah! Che, Joseph, Mao and I are all from the same cookie jar...let's keep some perspective!!